Executive Board - All elected officers and a minimum of three directors.
Directors shall be Immediate Past Presidents, Standing Committee Chairpersons and Director Emeriti. Director Emeriti are Betsy Long and Marie Cordiano.
“Ways We Invest in Ourselves – become a member”
When we speak about “investing in ourselves” what do we mean? It means we invest in the growth of our mission; growing the number of people and resources needed to make an impact on Clearfield Hospital and its corporate affiliates. We chose to belong to Clearfield Hospital’s Auxiliary for several reasons one of which is personal satisfaction and secondly we are so very proud of what we can and have accomplished. Investing in ourselves means more than paying annual dues; it means having an opportunity to make a difference. Won’t you consider joining us? Please follow the link below to complete an application and mail to the address indicated. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Marge Conaway at (814) 765-7401 or write to: Clearfield Hospital Auxiliary, 809 Turnpike Ave., PO Box 992, Clearfield, PA 16830.
Auxiliary meetings are held at Clearfield Hospital’s First Floor Conference Room the second Tuesday of every month at 12:00 p.m. September is the annual meeting; location to be announced. There is no July or August meeting. Lunch is provided by the hospital.
June 11, 2013
September 10, 2013 (Annual Meeting)
102nd Charity Ball - February 16, 2013
If you need more information, or would like an invitation sent to you, please call Jacque Starr, (814) 577-5122.
Auxiliary dues of $5 can now be paid. Checks should be made out to Clearfield Hospital Auxiliary and sent to: Mrs. Marge Conaway, 809 Turnpike Avenue, Clearfield, PA 16830.
POLICY: The Hospital Auxiliary offers scholarships on a limited basis to qualified candidates who are pursuing a degree in health related fields. Applications for scholarship will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, non-job related handicap or disability or national origin.
PROCEDURE: Upon completion of the first semester in an approved program, the student may apply for this scholarship. A student in an approved Diploma program may apply for a scholarship during their first year. A complete application must include the following:
1. A completed application form
2. Two letters of recommendation from faculty members of their respective schools.
3. The applicant must upon completion and throughout his/her education, provide an up-to-date transcript from their educational program. Maintenance of a satisfactory grade point average is required.
4. A personal letter outlining your aims.
An Application Review Committee, selected by the Auxiliary shall review all applications. At their discretion, a personal interview may be required. If so, all expenses incurred in traveling to that interview are the student’s responsibility.
Scholarships will be awarded based upon the following considerations that are listed in their order of importance:
1. Finances available to the applicant (i.e. other scholarships or grants).
2. Area from which the applicant hails (local applicants will be given preference).
3. Current or previous employment needs.
a. Current, then former employees of Clearfield Hospital will be given first preference.
b. Individuals with prior experience in health related fields.
4. School grades
5. Recommendations from faculty members.
Amount for scholarships:
Up to $1,000.00 for each approved applicant upon the satisfactory completion of one year for their respective programs. The amount specified may be modified dependent upon the availability of funds, the number of qualified applicants and/or at the discretion of the Scholarship Chairman/Application Review Committee.
RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION AND LETTERS BY MAY 1 OF EACH YEAR. ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THAT DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE REVIEW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS DETAILED DIRECTLY ABOVE PRIOR TO SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
Marie Cordiano, Scholarship Chairman
906 Willow Drive
Clearfield, PA 16830
What the auxiliary has done for the Clearfield Hospital:
- Totally equipped an Emergency Medical Unit - Completed a Birthing Room
- Renovated the Dining Room in Maternity (done several times)
- Renovated all the waiting rooms in the hospital completely
- Purchased 12 TV's for ICU
- Purchased machine for ER to remove metal from eyes
- Started Car Seat program with $1,500
- Purchased large clocks for all the patient rooms
- Donated approximately $3,800 for Triage
- Donated $10,000 for Cardiac Cath Lab
- Started and still maintains the Lifeline Program
- Donated $10,800 for the Chapel
- Donated approximately $4,000 for TV's for Chemo Rooms
- Ran lunch room before the cafeteria was moved up stairs
- Ran volunteer program until Mr. Adams decided to have a staff person handle due to hospital regulations
- Purchases jackets/smocks for all the volunteers
- Purchased and set-up the beeper program for the Doctors
- Donated $150,000 for Lobby renovations
- Donated $270,000 for 1st floor renovations
- Donated $10,000 to do a Hospice Room
- Donated $2,000 to purchase oversized wheel chair
- Donated $40,000 for renovation to Chemo area
- Took over smoke detector program
- Purchased 83 new TV's for the hospital at $30,000
- Run Scholarship Program donating $2,500 each year to students
- Donated money over the years for Radiology Student competitions
- Donated money for video purchases for the Pediatric floor
- Donated $6,000 for Baby Scale - Ran the TV Program for over 40 years
- Made a $300,000 contribution to the Capital Campaign
- Bought TV's and PlayStation for pediatric floor
- $28,000 spent for new Lifeline Monitors (repeated expense)
- $50,000 contributed to the Maternity Ward renovations for LDRP rooms
- Furnished the Dining for Two room on the Maternity Floor
- Purchased the waiting room furniture for several floors.
- Purchased a blanket warmer for the patients
- Purchased new furniture for the Grieving Room
- Purchase state of the art hand held Ultra Sound
- Donated more funds for the Car Seat Program
- Refurbished some landscaping
- Purchased camera for Nursery